Tell Louisiana’s leaders solar energy works for us!
Help RenewableLA support solar investment in Louisiana. Fill out the form below to directly email your government officials and tell them that you want to invest in energy right here at home, not pay Oklahoma for their energy.
Solar Energy in Louisiana
- Louisiana is growing its solar energy footprint, currently using 82.0 megawatts of solar energy up from 6.3 megawatts in 2017.
- Solar energy investment in Louisiana is increasing, currently at $279.61 million – up from $15.96 million in 2017, while the price of solar energy has decreased 52% over the past 5 years.
- Solar energy represents the next era of renewable energy sources. It is continually decreasing in cost, likely to fall to 1/2 the cost of traditional fuel sources, unassuming and less disruptive to urban and rural landscapes, and is becoming even less expensive to install due to tax breaks for commercial installations.
Louisiana’s Solar Opportunity
- While solar energy investment in Louisiana is increasing, we have a long way to go. Louisiana currently ranks 34th in the nation in terms of solar energy and we need to work to catch up with the rest of the country. We need to continue to invest in the next era of renewable energy resources.
- Increased focus on renewable energy projects like solar energy in Louisiana will not only help renewable energy production, but will also bring additional economic impact and new jobs to our local communities.
- By concentrating on solar energy and partnering with research and enterprise already in the state, Louisiana can control its own energy future and avoid reliance on neighboring states.