Tell Arkansas’s leaders solar energy works for us!
Help RenewableAR support solar investment in Arkansas. Fill out the form below to directly email your government officials and tell them that you want to invest in energy right here in the Natural State, not pay Oklahoma for their energy.
Solar Energy in Arkansas
- Arkansas is growing its solar energy footprint, currently using 20.2 megawatts of solar energy up from 0.3 megawatts in 2016.
- Solar energy investment in Arkansas is increasing, currently at $34.7 million – up from $2.48 million in 2016, while the price of solar energy has decreased 55% over the past 5 years.
- Solar energy represents the next era of renewable energy sources. It is continually decreasing in cost, likely to fall to 1/2 the cost of traditional fuel sources, unassuming and less disruptive to urban and rural landscapes, and is becoming even less expensive to install due to tax breaks for commercial installations.
Arkansas’s Solar Opportunity
- While solar energy investment in Arkansas is increasing, we have a long way to go. Arkansas currently ranks 43rd in the nation in terms of solar energy and we need to work to catch up with the rest of the country. We need to continue to invest in the next era of renewable energy resources.
- Increased focus on renewable energy projects like solar energy in Arkansas will not only help renewable energy production, but will also bring additional economic impact and new jobs to our local communities.
- By concentrating on solar energy and partnering with research and enterprise already in the state, Arkansas can control its own energy future and avoid reliance on neighboring states.